Be a part of a community committed to serving others and sharing God's grace
The First United Methodist Church seeks an energetic, dynamic person to lead worship for the Water’s Edge Faith Community, located in the Ocean Beach area of San Diego, CA. We encourage all applicants who are seeking part time employment and have a passion for music to join the Water’s Edge Leadership Team in this important role.
Job Title: Worship Music Leader – Water’s Edge
Reports to: Teaching Pastor – Water’s Edge
Hours: Part time, nonexempt
(10 hours a week, including Sunday worship and other services)
Hourly rate: Range $35 - $40 per hour
The purpose of the Worship Music Leader–Water’s Edge is to develop and lead the worship music ministry for the Water’s Edge Faith Community, in consultation with the Teaching Pastor-Water’s Edge and other team members in a way that is consistent with the mission and vision of The First United Methodist Church San Diego.
- Select and plan music for Sunday and other services throughout the year such as Easter, Christmas, and other special services.
- Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Teaching Pastor, Water’s Edge.
- Lead worship, recruit, and train others as individual and team worship leaders.
- Participate in the life and ministries of the Water’s Edge Faith Community.
- Engage and inspire the congregation of Water’s Edge through worship
- Attend Water’s Edge Leadership Team meetings and staff meetings as required.
- Bachelor of Music or equivalent.
- Experience in teaching, directing, rehearsing, and leading musical groups.
- Knowledge of wide range of styles including hymns and contemporary Christian music.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Strong understanding of Christian discipleship to advance the mission and vision of First Church.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Proficiency in playing keyboard and sing
- Playing guitar or other musical
- Experience as a church musician
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Commitment to continuing growth in cultural competency and professional development.
- Commitment to the church’s vision, mission, leadership, and congregation
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative
- Functions in compliance with Ministry Safe Policies of FUMCSD.
To receive full consideration, please submit the following materials by Friday, March 24, at 5 PM.
- Video sampling (YouTube) playing keyboard and singing
- Cover Letter
- 4. Contact information for three professional references with at least one with knowledge of musical abilities.
Please submit application materials via email to .
All inquiries can be directed to Linda Hawk, Controller and Business Manager at .
Note: This position is open until filled.