Join the Contemporary Singers!
If you like to sing lighter sacred choral music or cannot commit to singing in worship every Sunday, you're welcome to join our group. We are about 40 choir members and we sing one Sunday per month in the 9 and 10:30 AM Sanctuary worship services.
- When can I join?
- Sign up on Tuesdays 6:20 PM before rehearsal in the Music Center (Campus map)
- Do I need to audition?
- No audition is required to join the Contemporary Singers choir.
- Do I need to know how to read music?
- Ability to read music is helpful but not required
- Is there a cost to join?
- There is no cost to join
- When do you rehearse?
- Contemporary Singers rehearse on Tuesday: 6:30-7:20 PM.
- Where can I get the music?
- Email librarian Diana Avery for sheet Music
Being part of Contemporary Singers is a great way to meet new friends here at First Church. Between the early services we enjoy coffee and donuts, and at 10:30 AM, brunch is provided. There will be plenty of time for visiting with new and old friends from both First Church's choirs.
For more information contact
Stan Wicks, Director of Worship Music and Arts
619-297-4366, x 135