Job Openings at First Church
First United Methodist Church of San Diego
2111 Camino del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
6 hours/week, paid positions responsible for running sound and video during the Sunday morning services, and direct the Live Web Stream of each service. Experience with A/V helpful but not necessary. Email Kevin at AV@fumcsd.org.
for work in the church nursery
Salary Basis: Non- Exempt/Part Time: Starting at $12/hour
Hours: Sundays, 7:45 AM to 12:15 PM
Positions are open immediately
Job Description: The childcare provider provides a safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to our children ages 0-10. Ministry responsibilities include playing with the children or directing their play, reading to them, exhibiting patience and love.
Reports to: Childcare Coordinator
Functional Guidance: Director of Children's Ministry and Executive Administrator
- Care for infants and children 0-10 years of age while parents are at church sponsored events as scheduled by the church childcare coordinator.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to event starting to set-up and welcome kids and parents.
- Polite, friendly and courteous to all children, parents and volunteers
- Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child's registration form
- Clean up the room, and clean any used toys before leaving
- Abide by the FUMCSD Safe Sanctuaries Policy, given at hire
- Children responsibilities include: changing diapers, feeding, holding, sitting with, cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts and play.
- 18 years of age or older
- Experienced in the care of children 0- 10 years of age with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics
- Willing to submit to a background check and live scan screening
- CPR Certified for infants and children
- Preferred: 6- 12 units in early child development or a degree in secondary education.
- Sensitivity to the Christian faith and the United Methodist Church
- Friendly towards all children, parents, church employees and volunteers
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Report any problems or situation that occurs in the childcare setting to Childcare Coordinator and/or Director of Children's Ministry
Email Laura Schwarcz, Director of Children's Ministry
The First United Methodist Church is a 2,800 member congregation in the heart of San Diego’s Mission Valley. Its ministry, since 1869, reaches people of all backgrounds throughout the San Diego region.