Monday, January 16, 2017, 9 AM to approx. 12 PM.
In case of rain, call 619-297-4366, ext 500 for cancellation and re-scheduling information.
West side of Balboa Park at the corner of Juniper St. and Balboa Dr. Street parking is available on Balboa Drive and 8th Drive. See map...
9 AM—Register at the corner of Juniper St. and Balboa Dr.
9:15 AM—Opening Ceremony
9:30 AM—Cleanup/Beautification. Come dressed and prepared for physical work; we expect to be clearing and hauling brush, and planting.
11:30 AM—Musical entertainment and complimentary picnic lunch of hot dogs and chips.
Same-day registration day of the event at 9 AM.
Mandatory waiver. Needed if you are under 18 and can be signed on site. Youth participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Waivers available here or on-site.
WHAT TO BRING
WHAT TO WEAR
- Work gloves
- Pruning tools (if possible). Tools will also be provided
- Your signed waiver form (obtain online or at registration)
- If desired, your picnic lunch can be left in your car close to the picnic area
- Any additional picnic food or beverages you may want. Complimentary hot dogs and chips provided. (Your picnic can be left in your car close to the picnic area)
- Blanket or chairs for the picnic (optional)
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Long pants
- Work shoes
We are excited about the chance to work side-by-side, with people from diverse religious and cultural groups, in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr's legacy.
Thanks to these businesses for their support:
San Diego Magazine
Lee Loventhal Photography
Congregation Beth Israel
First United Methodist Church of San Diego
First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego
The Islamic Center
of San Diego
The Church of Jesus Christ
The Episcopal Diocese
of San Diego
UCC San Diego Partnership Churches
To promote this event: