Prayers & Squares/Sponsor Checklist
In order to request a prayer quilt, please follow these steps:
- Request permission from the intended recipient to sponsor a prayer quilt for him/her. Ask the intended recipient for his/her prayer requests – what shall the worshippers pray for on behalf of the recipient?
- Expect to hear from a Prayers & Squares member by phone or Email. This person will confirm the date and make arrangements for quilt selection.
- If you have a photo of the recipient, deliver it to the pastor’s secretary by the Wednesday before the presentation date.
On the Sunday when the prayer quilt is presented:
- Be present at the back of the center aisle during the last hymn of each of the three services. Receive the prayer quilt from the liturgist and take it to the plaza where the worshippers tie prayers in the prayer quilt.
- Be present on the plaza with the prayer quilt after all three services. Invite friends and family to participate. A member of Prayers & Squares will join you there.
- Take responsibility for the prayer quilt after the final service. Before you deliver it, please make sure all ties are tight and trim them with scissors to one-inch in length. Reserve some ties for family and friends who were unable to come to church. They can tie them and pray when they visit the recipient.
- Arrange to give the quilt to the recipient.