1. How do I find out what's going on at First Church?
- View the announcements slideshow before the prelude at Sunday worship and read the Sunday worship bulletin.
- Subscribe to eNews, our weekly online newsletter. Sign up here.
- "Like" our Facebook page, San Diego First United Methodist Church.
- Bookmark our web site and check back often.
2. How do I get involved with choir or other musical groups?
- Check out our Ministry of Music web pages
3. How do I find a Sunday School class?
- Explore our Adult Studies page
4. How do I connect my children and/or youth into the life of the church community?
- Visit these pages: Children, Student Ministries, Children's and Youth Choirs
- Sign up for the Children and/or Youth email newsletters; send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for Children, email@example.com for Youth.
5. What about baptism?
- Find out about baptism and when it is offered on our Baptism page
6. First Church offers dynamic Sunday School classes for all age groups. You can find more here:
8. I am a young adult. Do you have anything for me?
- Check out our Student Ministries page
- Take the Alpha Course and participate in discussion at a Young Adult table
9. Do you have lifestage courses for marriage, parenting, etc.?
Yes we regularly offer classes—find out more about them and when the next class is scheduled below.
- DivorceCare for Kids - Support Group
- DivorceCare for Adults - Support Group
- Journey Through Grief, grief recovery
- The New Life Counseling Center is available for individual, couples and family counseling.
10. What do Methodists believe?
11. How do I get involved at First Church?
Opportunities for involvement—from small groups and volunteer opportunities to missions and music—are open to anyone who wants to participate, members and visitors alike.
- Stop by the Welcome Center below the sanctuary on the plaza on Sunday morning
- Starting Points offer entry ways to help you learn, grow and serve
- Check out the listings at Get Connected to find an area of interest
- Email questions to GetConnected@fumcsd.org
12. What is expected of members and how can I join First Church?
If you are considering membership at the First Church, the first step is to attend New Beginnings. You'll learn more about the church, get to know our pastors and staff and review expectations regarding membership.
13. When are First Church's weekly worship services?