Prayers & Squares/Sponsor Checklist
- Ask the intended recipient to agree to accept the gift of prayer in the form of a quilt. Ask for their specific prayer requests.
- Request a quilt by contacting Cheryl Johnson, 619-297-7575, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Margaret Shafer, 619-275-1578, email@example.com.
- Provide a photo of the quilt recipient if possible. Some congregation members may know him or her by sight if not by name.
- Be present at the end of all three services on the Sunday the quilt is presented and blessed. Receive the quilt from the pastor in the narthex during the last hymn of each service and take it to the plaza where the congregation is invited to tie a knot and say a prayer.
- Be present on the plaza with the prayer quilt after all three services. Invite friends and family to participate. A member of Prayers & Squares will join you there.
- Take over responsibility for the quilt after the final service. Before you deliver it, please make sure all ties are tight and trim them with scissors to one-inch in length. Reserve some ties for family and friends who were unable to come to church. They can tie them and pray when they visit the recipient.
- Arrange to give the quilt to the recipient.