Prayers & Squares/Be Involved
How You Can Be Involved
- When a prayer quilt is presented to the congregation, please come to the plaza between services to tie a knot and say a prayer, whether you know the recipient or not. Many quilt recipients have said that they felt strengthened by the knowledge that people who did not know them had prayed for them.
- Remember the recipients in your prayers in following days. Their names are included in the Outlook for that week.
- Make quilt tops at home. Please use pre-laundered 100% cotton. Our desired size is 50” x 60”; the minimum size is 45” x 55”; only quilts for babies or small children can be smaller. Watch the Outlook for challenges and mystery quilts.
- Donate 100% cotton fabric, pre-laundered in quantities of ½ yard or more.
- Represent Prayers & Squares as a Sunday volunteer, assisting sponsors when quilts are presented.
- Make monetary donations to Prayers & Squares. If you wish, make the donation in honor or memory of a special person. We use the money to buy quilt backs, batting, thread, etc. Prayers & Squares is not part of the church budget, and we do not accept payment for quilts.
- Join us for work and fellowship on the first Saturday and/or third Thursday of each month in Linder Hall 4 from 9 to 12 a.m. You don’t have to know how to sew to be helpful. See 2013 Meeting Calendar...