Memorial and Funeral Services
The pastors and staff of First United Methodist Church of San Diego count it a privilege to stand with families at the time of the death of a loved one. Reading of the Scripture, music, and words from the pastor help us mourn with joy.
A memorial service is a powerful experience of healing and a new beginning.
It's a service of worship and we seek to have all elements of the service to be of worshipful nature. Our pastors, organist, and our vocalists can suggest many appropriate Scriptures, hymns, and solos to assist you in planning the service itself. You and your family don't have to be members of this or any church to arrange a memorial service at First Church.
Our church can help provide:
- Use of the Sanctuary or Trotter Chapel
- Arranging of floral pieces and photographs
- Services of pastor, organist, memorial services coordinator, and custodians
- Services of local soloist
- Printed service bulletins and guest book
- Reception arrangements in our Social Hall or Linder Lounge
To learn more and to schedule a memorial service at First Church, contact: